Welcome Guest! | login
ES US
EasyHits4U | PromoteMe Pro: Android Apps & Games Promotion! | Cointiply! | FaucetPay! | TheDownliner-Traffic!

Reggae

admin
@admin
2 years ago
41 posts
Reggae music discussion. Includes: 2-Tone,, Dancehall, Dub, Roots Reggae, Ska.

--
Admin (@admin)
https://bandmag.com
TW & IG @bandmagcom | FB @bandmag

updated by @admin: 02/19/21 04:14:48PM
johnbelley
@johnbelley
2 years ago
9 posts
For those who may not know, The Group Blondie big hit "Heart of Glass" was actually a Reggae song that the group changed to play in the US. I think you can still hear the original Reggae version on Youtube.
Side note: There song "Rapture" was actually the first "Rap" song before it became a genre.
mason
@mason
2 years ago
18 posts
@johnbelley
For those who may not know, The Group Blondie big hit "Heart of Glass" was actually a Reggae song that the group changed to play in the US. I think you can still hear the original Reggae version on Youtube.
Side note: There song "Rapture" was actually the first "Rap" song before it became a genre.
Amal
Amal
@amal
2 years ago
11 posts
I thought jocko was the guy who invented rap. Quest love is a liar. And hey, did you know? That Blondie girl appeared in some pere ubu video.
johnbelley
@johnbelley
2 years ago
9 posts
@amal
I remember watching the video on this song where they showed both versions with the history. It was Heart of Glass. I will have to look up Rappers Delight since I never heard of them.. You all are probably right about the Rap, This is what I heard years ago so.
mnporter2001
@mnporter2001
2 years ago
25 posts

This is a cool watch, all about Blondie and the making of Heart of Glass, I originally went looking for the Reggae version but coudn't find it so ended up watching this.
Its amazing they got the sounds they did back in the day with the equipment they were using. check out the drum box thing in this video lol

Mark

updated by @mnporter2001: 04/15/19 11:05:16PM
LinkFloyd
LinkFloyd
@linkfloyd
2 years ago
20 posts
Very intersting story about Heart of glass origin, the video explains well.

There are more controversies about other songs origins.
Evan
Evan
@evan
2 years ago
12 posts

Tags

Admin

Views: 338545

About Admin

BandMag: Music Social Network.

Influences:
Our influences are many!
Followers:
ventadecolchones Kate Webster native Jaime_Corbett cheapcanna aventusdrivingschool sellerchamp355 aliyamehta5719 ncrgirlservice mrrooterplumbingofyoungstown Onlinemetaforesgr oliverharper
Recently Rated:
stats
Profile Tag Cloud:

DMCA.com Protection Status Blogarama - Blog Directory